NUCLEAR FUSION RESEARCH
BESPOKE COMPONENTS AND SYSTEMS FOR NUCLEAR FUSION AND PARTICLE RESEARCH
Since the early 70’s of the last century, De Pretto Industrie has helped several international research institutions to achieve success in their scientific projects. In particular, with our Special Projects business unit, we support basic and applied research projects with engineering, fabrication and test of bespoke mechanical components and systems for:
- Nuclear research;
- Plasma physics;
- Particles accelerators;
- Neutral beam injectors;
- Ultra-high vacuum components;
- Tokamak vacuum vessels.
De Pretto Industrie can count on strong engineering and manufacturing competences in the fabrication of complex stainless steel components with particularly stringent requirements regarding quality, cleanliness and vacuum compliancy. Indeed, we can support with the design and fabrication of prototypes, first-of-a-kind components, lots or series production of critical components for research applications. In addition, we can design and deliver dedicated handling and lifting tools capable to operate in clean environment typical of research applications. Moreover, our support does not stop with the delivery of our products, but we can also support research institutions and laboratories with the upgrade or the on-site modification of the existing assets, even in the most challenging working conditions.
A LONG HISTORY IN NUCLEAR FUSION AND PARTICLE RESEARCH
Since its first steps in the research projects, De Pretto Industrie has constantly directed all its efforts towards new initiatives that could positively influence the energy industry and the future transition to cleaner energy, like the research for nuclear fusion. These are all projects that require a combination of strong engineering and manufacturing competences. And this is why De Pretto Industrie has proved to be a key partner that helped several research institutions and laboratories to succeed in their projects thanks to its experienced team of engineers and the cutting-edge manufacturing technology of its workshop.
Some examples of experiments for which De Pretto Industrie provided its valuable support in its long history of collaborations are:
- MITICA experiment for Consorzio RFX with its megavolt beam source and accelerator;
- Several mechanical solutions for the ITER project;
- CERN Hi-Lumi LHC particle accelerator;
- Reversed Field eXperiment for Consorzio RFX;
- TCV (tokamak à configuration variable) for the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne;
- Stellarator Wendelstein 7-AS for the Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics;
- Elettra Sincrotrone Trieste;
- Stellarator TJ-II for CIEMAT’s Laboratorio Nacional de Fusión;
- Joint European Torus (JET) for the Culham Centre for Fusion Energy.
Contact directly our Special Projects business unit team.